Magento Forum

Import gallery images to Magento 1.7.2

abhaya

Total Posts:  17
Poland

I am trying to import pictures to gallery using Import/Export Profile. I added a column ‘gallery’ using Profile Wizard. all columns import works well (small_image import works great) except gallery pictures. I tried to seperate them with different seperators ; , |
Pictures are in media/import and they do exist. I have write/read rights to everything (working on Windows local machinne).
Do you have any ideas what’s else can be wrong ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

Our extension makes image handling in Magento much easier.  Check it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Abhaya!

Make sure that during Magento import products images procedure, you assign images to media gallery and that they are assigned as small, base and thumbnail.
If your import tool does not allow column assigning, you can try Store Manage for Magento tool. You can try it out as there is 14-days free version of the application, you can download it here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Let me know if you need assistance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pesttest

Total Posts:  7

Hello,

It is so damn easy to link to an extension. But can someone really address the issue here? What is the problem and how do we import using the gallery column? If the column exists then we can certainly use it in some way or another. I am looking for a solution for this as well.

Cheers!
www.letsbytecode.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community