I’m at my wits end. I have constant server timeouts when I do the following things:
- Save and apply a ‘catalog pricing rule’
- Run any PHP script which touches the product catalog (purpose built scripts)
I can run the reindex via SSH without problems. I don’t know how to run the pricing rules via SSH so cannot test that.
Also the frontend became slow (takes 5-10 seconds to show a product).
This happened from the time I uploaded a catalog of 17000 products. Before I had 150 products and no issues.
What did I try:
- Change settings of php.ini / my.cnf / httpd-mpm.conf / httpd.conf to allow larger timeouts
- Increase ‘timeout’ setting to 100 in /lib/Zend/Http/Client.php
- Repair and optimize mysql database tables
- I have a dedicated Centos 5.7 LAMP server with PHP5, 8GB memory and quadcore.
- Magento 1.7.2 CE.
- 4 websites with one store each