Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Per-store inventory levels

gregamaroso

Total Posts:  2

I’m selling my products out of 15 different brick and mortar stores. I want website users to pick a location before navigating to a specific product page since the inventory levels for each product are different between the stores (we don’t ship between stores).

I was under the assumption that I should create 15 (Magento) stores; one for each of my brick and mortar stores. However, it doesn’t appear as though I can control inventory at the store-level.

So here are my questions:
1) Am I able to control inventory at the store-level? Or is there a module to do that?
2) If not, does anyone know of an available module that forces users to pick a location? Picking a location can (in theory) happen at any point in the process, but I will need to display inventory levels accordingly.

Thanks in advance. And my apologies for posting this thread in the wrong forum.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

There’s nothing to do what you want, as far as I know.

Another similar discussion: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5046/P15/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community