Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

advertising hack on my site - Please help! 

Patrick_Titan

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

It has just come to my attention that there is a hack on my products page where some one has placed a white bar over my product titled \\\"saved by click\\\” and leads off my site and onto theirs.

I have attached a screen shot of this - can someone please let me know how i can remove this code and help prevent this in the future.

Thanks,

Patrick

Image Attachments
save by click hack.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lyonscg

Total Posts:  173
Chicago IL

Has this been resolved or do you still need assistance?

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

Hi,

These link wont hurt you in anyway. Personally I would just leave it be.

But if you would want to get them to remove them then you pretty much have to go to the site and get the contact info and ask them to remove their link.

Otherwise, you can try to delete the unwanted link in the view source using the admin login and reset your password.

Both this way may help you. Please try it out and let me know....

Magento Community
Magento Community

elspood
Magento Team

Total Posts:  22
Magento

Patrick_Titan - 02 January 2013 04:38 PM

Hello,

It has just come to my attention that there is a hack on my products page where some one has placed a white bar over my product titled \\\"saved by click\\\” and leads off my site and onto theirs.

I have attached a screen shot of this - can someone please let me know how i can remove this code and help prevent this in the future.

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick,
It looks like you are a victim of a piece of malware called “Save by Click”, which is installed on your computer and not on your website. The malware places that link on various pages when you view the site, but other users who view your Magento store won’t see it.

Here are some instructions for removing the malware:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-remove-Save-by-Click-adware-Removal-Guide

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community