Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Activation & Expiry / Expiration Date

jinetix

Total Posts:  11

Please add the feature to allow users to activate catalog items at a specific date/time and have them expire on a specific date/time.

I have a wholesale business that has a high rate of inventory turn over. Due to this, I don’t have Magento set to manage my stock. Instead, I have been manually disabling and deleting items from the catalog every couple of weeks (which has been quite tedious and time consuming). I feel that it would be tremendously beneficial for every Magento user to have this feature as it will allow them to pre-input/upload their merchandise to activate at a future date and have them taken down automatically as well (possibly with an option to disable or delete them from database for a cleaner catalog).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iKantam_

Total Posts:  89

What version do you run? You can use this one or find similar extension - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/scheduled-products-5808.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

jinetix

Total Posts:  11

iKantam_ - 03 January 2013 03:59 AM

What version do you run? You can use this one or find similar extension - http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/scheduled-products-5808.html

I’m using the latest Magento CE 1.7. I forgot to mention that I had found that extension but it seems that it breaks installations. There aren’t any other extensions that I know of that do this. :\

Magento Community
Magento Community

ScommerceMage

Total Posts:  103
United Kingdom

The below module fully supports the requested feature

http://www.scommerce-mage.co.uk/magento-extensions/magento-automated-product-publish-date.html

This module allows you to set when the products should be available on your site for your customers. This way you can create new products before hand and publish them on the given date automatically.

Here are the main features of this module-:

- It allows you to set future start date of your products so that products will appear on the website only on the given date
- It allows you to set future end date of your products so that products will taken out from your website on the given date
- It allows you to bulk update the products with future start and end date which automatically publish or taken products out respectively from your website without manual intervention
- This module helps site owners with seasonal products as they can set the start and end date in advance
- This module can be completely disabled whenever required via system configuration in admin

Kind Regards
Scommerce Mage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community