Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Merchant Account Gateway

AnnaM
Guru

Total Posts:  325
San Francisco

Before I get more involved in this product, it occured to me that I need to be able to interface to my Linkpoint Gateway. My merchant account is with Card Service International.  In the very nice cart I use on another store, “Cart Manager” this involved uploading a file from Linkpoint with file extension of pem if I recall.

Are we able to use our own established gateways?  I also have a merch account with Woodforest which uses ePN gateway, though I prefer not to use that. 

I have looked in the admin and see no obvious way to use other gateways, only speaks of authorize.net.  Sadly if I cannot use my existing merch acct and gateway, it looks like magento may be a no go for me. I sure hope that is not the case.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

We expect further gateway support by us and the community in the coming weeks (including Linkpoint).

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

whew!  had me worried there a minute. smile Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnnaM
Guru

San Francisco

Might I also suggest Google Checkout as an additonal means. This seems to be getting more and more popular. Perhaps thats already on the agenda, but I throw out the suggestion, just in case its not. 

This really looks to be an awesome product and its exciting to be part of its growth.  Howie Jacobson, author of Google Ad Words for Dummies is the one who recommended it to me during an ad words consultation (that cost me a fortune! LOL)

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Google Checkout is coming very shortly and should be expected in the next release or two. Glad to have you on board smile

Spread the word wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

mindrok

Total Posts:  2
Orange County, CA

Hello Everyone,

First post here smile And I have a few clients on zen using linkpoint as well, and would like to know what the eta is on the linkpoint integration.

Also, will there be an import tool for zen cart users to move their products to Magento. They have over 1000 products and that would be a very bad weekend to transfer each product individually.

Thanks everyone!

Regards,

Ritch

Magento Community
Magento Community

Princeanil

Total Posts:  28

We need a simpler option.

There are many other payment gateway providers around the world. Most want that the final details of the order - the total value, the customers details and shipping address etc - be submitted to a link on the payment gateway site when the customer presses the “submit” button.  Thereafter, the credit card details are all processed on the payment gateway page and the customer is finally sent back to the shopping site.

If this could be made possible in Magento, we could configure it for many payment gateways ourselves. I’m new and still trying out Magento but couldn’t find a way of doing this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mixmaster456

Total Posts:  8

I am also looking for a working linkpoint module, the one on magento connect does not work. It always gives a “There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later.” error no matter the settings. Any news on when a working module might be released?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lostbens

Total Posts:  31

I agree with previous post about how most gateways expect to receive exactly the same data - they then take care of everything and pass back once payment has been confirmed.

Is it not possible to have a single generic gateway with configurable parameters for eg gateway URL ? Seems like an awful duplication of dev effort to write a new gateway for every payment provider in the world…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jill-bear

Total Posts:  1

I’m new to all of this and have not found the answer to the gateway question. I have eProcessing Network (I guess ePN) and would need to know how I can use my gateway. Can you advise?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community