Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom shipping options

fractal

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I’m using the onepage checkout and on the shipping section I need to create a custom form if there are certain items in the shopping cart. 
So, first I need to figure out how to check what’s in the shopping cart.  I haven’t been able to figure that out however.  Ideas?

Also, should I be making these changes in:  app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php or somewhere else?

Thanks for the help

Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phlux0r

Total Posts:  73
Auckland, New Zealand

Look through the forums here for posts about how to override core classes in your local namespace. There are also Wiki articles. Then there are posts on customising the checkout process like adding steps etc… During checkout, Magento creates a Quote object that contains all the data for the potential order including the order items. If you examine: Mage_Checkout_Block_Onepage_Review_Info you’ll see that the items are retrieved from the quote with:
Mage::getSingleton(’checkout/session’)->getQuote()->getAllVisibleItems();

Maybe that will help…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community