Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

About promotions activation…

lorenzo01

Total Posts:  221
France

hello,
is it normal that we have to activate promotions every day ? when creating a catalog promotion from a certain date to a certain date, you have to activate every day the promotion otherwise it not be active even if you have selected good dates…
On Magento ver. 0.7.15480
any ideas , thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lorenzo01

Total Posts:  221
France

Anyone know if promotions was activated automatically every day ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

traviswu

Total Posts:  31

having the same issue here too.  have you got a solution to it yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joel322

Total Posts:  10

I’m having the same problem. This is with Catalog Promotions.

Create a promotion, apply it, and it works fine.  All of the correct prices show everywhere. But is doesn’t “stick.” It will stay a day or maybe 2 and everything goes back to regular prices.

Any clues?

Magento Community
Magento Community

traviswu

Total Posts:  31

well, i actually got my fixed. it turned out that we need a cron job: see the details here
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to/how_to_setup_a_cron_job

Magento Community
Magento Community

brad_frost

Total Posts:  20

Hi I have been through the Wiki and need to know where I need to set up the cron job for the promotion rule to work. I don’t see in:

app/code/core/Mage/

which folder to select to set up the cron job. Also I have no idea what function put in between the <run><model></model></run> tags.

Can someone please post explicit directions on how to set up the cron job specifically for shopping cart and price rules?  Your help is much appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community