Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Syncing product library with xml, csv file etc

Christian_Norway

Total Posts:  135

Hi,

I have an agreement with a 3rd party ecommerce site, to reseell their products ( I guess you can call it some sort of dropshipping). He exports a master file once a day, so i can mirror whatever he got in his ecommerce store.

I want to use this ‘master file’ to import all the products into my Magento store.

When imported i want to reorganise the products into my own categories, maybe add some product information, change some of the prices, some pictures etc.

Then when it is all set-up, I want to regularly use the master file to change the “in stock / out of stock” for each product. And I can manually add new products, when new products are added.

So I want to only update “in stock / out of stock”. Can I use the product import function in Magento to do this, or should I make a script that automatically updates directly into the database?

Any solutions here would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

Total Posts:  107

Have you solved this issue already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

blakew

Total Posts:  107

check out:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/30164/

It might be outdated, but I have it updated for the latest version of magento. We update qty 2 times a day on 5000 products. My process does 5,000 qty checks in less then a minute, depending on your hardware and how many actually have to be changed, where as some will stay the same and take less time.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community