Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bank transfer instructions replaced with a default value when invoiced. 

holykim66

Total Posts:  4

I have setup a multiple number of stores and each store has a different bank transfer instruction.

Initially when the order was placed, the bank transfer instructions displayed the store value only in the confirmation email. Also, in the admin there were no bank transfer instructions shown in the order view. Furthermore, when invoiced, the value in the invoice email was the default value and also, there was now default value shown in the order view in admin panel.

I tried to fix this myself and thought of a possible solution. After I have copied a file banktransfer.phtml from A (copy from) to B (copy to), correct store value was now showing in the order view in the admin panel.

A (copy from) /app/design/frontend/base/default/template/payment/form/banktransfer.phtml
B (copy to) /app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/payment/form/banktransfer.phtml

However, I still encountered problems with the store value being changed to the default value in the invoice email and the order view when invoiced.

Magento version is 1.7.0.2

I have reported this issue to bug tracking but can’t wait until the next release. Anyone can help with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Harry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chamath100

Total Posts:  1

Is there any update on this?

I also faced same situation. I have changed bank transfer instructions. Now I can’t see them in onestepcheckout. Is there any solution for this?
Magento version 1.7.0.2

Thanks,
Cha

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quintencla

Total Posts:  2

I am also facing this problem.

When i place an order in French for instance i get the payment info translated in the confirmation email, but if i invoice or resend the confirmation email via the admin panel then i get the default value of the payment info. The title is translated though, but not the instructions.

Anyone has an idea why or what i can do about it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quintencla

Total Posts:  2

I have figured out a temporal solution for this:

You have to copy

app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Block/Info/Banktransfer.php
to a new file in
app/code/local/Mage/Payment/Block/Info/Banktransfer.php

Then in that new file you need to remove a couple of lines of code so the getInstructions method looks like this

public function getInstructions()

{

if (is_null($this->_instructions)) {
            $this
->_instructions $this->getMethod()->getInstructions();

}

return $this->_instructions;

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Txispas

Total Posts:  5

Hello!

I tried this solution but it does not working. Any other idea?

It´s a bad issue that you have an order with the correct payment information (in the right language) and when you convert it into an invoice, you lose this information and that document has another payment information and even in another language. A very unuseful behaviour when you have several stores in many different languages. It happens in Magento’s admin panel and also in local email templates (var payment_html) so the customer could notice that bad issue.

I would appreciate a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community