Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Looking for Advanced Year Make Model filter for car parts

brandenf

Total Posts:  1

I am looking for an advanced year>make>model filter.

I have looked at most of the mods, and they basically just seem to be glorified search pages. When you put in the year>make>model, they return a list of parts that fit that vehicle. They are not sorted or organized by catagory, and as soon as you leave the search page, your vehicle you selected is forgotten.

What I want is a little more robust. Basically I want people to be able to select their year>make>model, and have it remembered. Then as they browse the website, it only shows categories and parts that fit their specific car. Is there anything like that out of the box out there?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rosed59

Total Posts:  13

If your problem is not solved yet you can use this Magento year,make, model Extension for this purpose

For demo Click here

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Please consider this extension: http://amasty.com/product-parts-finder.html.

Its functionality seems to be the one you are looking for:

- Year-make-model and analogous product filters
- Display product finders at home page and category pages
- Add unlimited number of product finders
- Create filters with unlimited number of selection options
- Optimized for large volumes of data

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community