Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can i display latest products in homepage ?? 

boxx

Total Posts:  3

just now i installed magento and i added some products but i dont know why it does not display in homepage ?
i tried to change from
admin>cms>pages>homepage>page information>design
there is filed called (Layout Update XML) i get this code :::

<!--<reference name="content">
        <
block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="products_homepage" category_id="9" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page">
            <
action method="addPriceBlockType">
                <
type>bundle</type>
                <
block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block>
                <
template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template>
            </
action>
        </
block>
        <
block type="reports/product_viewed" name="home.reports.product.viewed" alias="product_viewed" template="reports/home_product_viewed.phtml" after="product_new">
            <
                <
type>bundle</type>
                <
                <
            </
action>
        </
block>
        <
block type="reports/product_compared" name="home.reports.product.compared" template="reports/home_product_compared.phtml" after="product_viewed">
            <
                <
type>bundle</type>
                <
                <
            </
action>
        </
block>
    </
reference>
    <
reference name="right">
        <
action method="unsetChild"><alias>right.reports.product.viewed</alias></action>
        <
action method="unsetChild"><alias>right.reports.product.compared</alias></action>
    </
reference>-->

i dont know what to do ?? i tried many time but nothing change
any help please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

To display products on a homepage (for ex. category “on Sale”) you need to open necessary CMS static block or CMS page. With the following code paste the product list (list.phtml) to the page indicating the product category:

{{block type=”catalog/product_list” name=”product_listing” template=”catalog/product/list.phtml” category_id=”8” }}

Where:
category_id — Id of the category, which products you need to show.
template — the template which will show the products, by default it is catalog/product/list.phtml, but you can create your own.

Did it worked for you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Emmet1

Total Posts:  24

You can search in Magento commerce. This question has been guidged.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harry12

Total Posts:  19

I’ve found this tutorial. I think it can help you: http://magentotutorial.net/display-products-home-page/ or How to display new products in Home page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

diegogodin

Total Posts:  37

Harry12 - 21 August 2013 10:06 PM

I’ve found this tutorial. I think it can help you: http://magentotutorial.net/display-products-home-page/ or How to display new products in Home page?

Thank you, this tutorial works like a charm

Magento Community
Magento Community

Suneet64

Total Posts:  7
Chandigarh

Please check following url for this:
http://www.extensionhut.com/blog/magento-display-products-home-page-pagination/

Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

You may follow this tutorial to display latest products on homepage of your site
Tutorial on how to display latest products on homepage
Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

vritika

Total Posts:  5

Use an extension to display new products
Go through the folowing URL:http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/top-seller-new-feature-most-viewed-catalog-sale-recently-ordered-all-products-7-in-one-catalog-by-etatvasoft.html

Go TO system >> Configuration >> Tatvasoft >> Catalog Extensions Configuration >> Feature You Want >> Enable >> Yes It will show sale products in featured product and sale in category in promotional. Also dont forget to add these lines in cms>pages>home

To see Bestsellers products
{{block type="catalogextensions/bestsellers_home_list" name="bestsellers_list" template="catalogextensions/home_bestsellers.phtml"}}
To see Featured products
{{block type="catalogextensions/featured_home_list" name="featured_list" template="catalogextensions/home_featured.phtml"}}
In Default attribute set >> ‘Is Featured’ attributes is added. You need to select “yes” value to show product as feature product
To see Mostviewed products
{{block type="catalogextensions/mostviewed_home_list" name="mostviewed_list" template="catalogextensions/home_mostviewed.phtml"}}
To see Newproduct products
{{block type="catalogextensions/newproduct_home_list" name="newproduct_list" template="catalogextensions/home_newproduct.phtml"}}
To see catalog Sale products
{{block type="catalogextensions/promotional_home_list" name="promotional_list" template="catalogextensions/home_promotional.phtml"}}
For showing the products in promotional rule, One catalog rule needs to be setup.
To see RecentlyOrdered products
{{block type="catalogextensions/lastordered_home_list" name="lastordered_home_list" template="catalogextensions/home_lastordered.phtml"}}
To see All products without any category filter
href=” echo $this->getUrl(’catalogextensions/index/allproduct’);” for All Products link

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!

you can enhance you product presentation by putting blocks of featured products on the homepage or category pages. You can also let customers sort items in your catalog by dest sellers, review count, date added, price, etc. Have a look at this mod - http://amasty.com/improved-sorting.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

boajay1

Total Posts:  1

vritika - 16 April 2014 04:47 AM

Use an extension to display new products
Go through the folowing URL:http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/top-seller-new-feature-most-viewed-catalog-sale-recently-ordered-all-products-7-in-one-catalog-by-etatvasoft.html

Go TO system >> Configuration >> Tatvasoft >> Catalog Extensions Configuration >> Feature You Want >> Enable >> Yes It will show sale products in featured product and sale in category in promotional. Also dont forget to add these lines in cms>pages>home

To see Bestsellers products
{{block type="catalogextensions/bestsellers_home_list" name="bestsellers_list" template="catalogextensions/home_bestsellers.phtml"}}
To see Featured products
{{block type="catalogextensions/featured_home_list" name="featured_list" template="catalogextensions/home_featured.phtml"}}
In Default attribute set >> ‘Is Featured’ attributes is added. You need to select “yes” value to show product as feature product
To see Mostviewed products
{{block type="catalogextensions/mostviewed_home_list" name="mostviewed_list" template="catalogextensions/home_mostviewed.phtml"}}
To see Newproduct products
{{block type="catalogextensions/newproduct_home_list" name="newproduct_list" template="catalogextensions/home_newproduct.phtml"}}
To see catalog Sale products
{{block type="catalogextensions/promotional_home_list" name="promotional_list" template="catalogextensions/home_promotional.phtml"}}
For showing the products in promotional rule, One catalog rule needs to be setup.
To see RecentlyOrdered products
{{block type="catalogextensions/lastordered_home_list" name="lastordered_home_list" template="catalogextensions/home_lastordered.phtml"}}
To see All products without any category filter
href=” echo $this->getUrl(’catalogextensions/index/allproduct’);” for All Products link

Hi vritika, i have install the module by key, but no Tatvasoft show on System Configuration,did you know why , thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

cuongphatcp

Total Posts:  4

extension to display error view http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/254/

demo: mua may tinh cu gia cao

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community