Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Tips to improve my Ecommerce Website? 

christyjeni

Total Posts:  1

Friends,

Give me Your Suggestions to improve my Ecommerce Website

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shivanisri

Good keyword ranking and social media optimization will help you for increasing traffic on your e commerce website.Moreover content updation is more important since lack of information increases the bounce rate of the visitors..

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandrajohns

Total Posts:  6

I have found a useful article on mistakes merchants make with seo. It will be helpful in terms “how not to do” and “what to avoid”. The tips are quite practical and can help you improve store seo effectively spending not much time for that.
http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/blog/61-must-know-tips/6068-tips-and-tools-on-how-to-improve-your-store-seo
Also the same source gives information on how to improve product page. I have tried to apply several options and felt the result, so you can check the article as well
http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/blog/61-must-know-tips/6054-how-to-improve-your-ecommerce-product-page
Have a nice store smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

What is your eCommerce website URL?

You’ll want to make sure you have an easily navigable website so that users can quickly and easily get to the products they want. Make sure to provide related products in case they haven’t found exactly what they’re looking for.

Make sure your website is setup in a natural hierarchy of product categories to help with overall SEO. Make sure to clean up any duplicate pages or 301 them to the correct page. You can also use the canonical tag in your code to help tell search engines where the main page is.

Without more info on the website, it will be hard to tell you exactly what to improve.

Best of luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

VeronicaOrdo455

Include live chat option to your eCommerce website that can improve daily sales number.

Magento Community
Magento Community

samm_4545

For improve your Ecommerce Website you need to optimize your site. For optimize check http://gtmetrix.com/magento-optimization-guide.html.
second you need to improve seo for that you can use this ultimate seo module. http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

eonejames

I have worked on many e-commerce sites. And find out many thing which face once we start workon E-Commerce site

1) Broken link issues
2) Duplicate/canonical page issue
3) Delete the seasonal pages
4) Product accessing issues
5) Complex e-Commerce solutions

So what needs to done for this?

1) Fix the broken links as much pages you can
2) Put the customized 404 page
3) Bread crumb don’t miss it
4) Don’t make users think do the job for them.
5) Branding strengthening
6) Testing all Truths – for all the landing page
7) Put Secondary Conversions see below
•Comments
•Feedback
8) Canonical issue must be removed use URL paginations http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer;=1663744
9) Images must be small sized and have put “alt” attribute in a descriptive way
10) Good headlines and test as much pages as we can
11) Put the appealing page title on you web page. It should take some words in our page title like e Buy now, call now, free, offers, hurry etc.
12) Put the small summary beneath your products if possible then put some testimonials also.
13) Auto expire pages should be on the site, if we provide limited period offer for a product based site.
14) Make a contact form which is easy to fill and should not have un-necessary fields like - how you find us. etc.
Don’t call submit button – change it like
I.Start your order
II.Join now.
III.Captcha Irritates user, they stop conversions. (we have use hidden code which will be stopping unauthorized emails.

I hope that will help also once you do SEO for e-Commerce portal.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community