Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

database connection error

wvsc

Total Posts:  2

I’ve copied magento 1.7.0.2 onto a server hosted by ovh, increased the php4 to php5 via php-cgi change, and I’ve a database mysql using phpmyadmin.ovh.net, with a logon to a specific server which runs fine.
Currently running the installation wizard.
At the database connection window, I always get a database connection error.
Which host should I use, I tried “phpmyadmin.ovh.net”, I tried it with https://, I tried it with reference to the specific server (phpmyadmin.ovh.net/serverxx.xx), I tried the name of my site ("name".com, or www."name".com).
I use the same database name, user name and pasword necessary to logon onto the database via phpmyadmin.ovh.net

Probably a basic question, but I’m new here.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Wim

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

surik

Total Posts:  5

Hello, if you want everything to raelny server transfer is necessary to look real server data to match at least a little! And you created a database on a real server?

Magento Community
Magento Community

surik

Also on the server must find the folder where all the data in the MDM can see it even created a database!

Magento Community
Magento Community

surik

Or you have not entered when starting the database right, obchyno therefore did not see the base!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

surik

Or you have not entered when starting the database right, so usually does not see the base!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

wvsc

Total Posts:  2

Thanks.
I’ve uploaded the magento-sample data or database on a server that is hosted by ovh and which I can maintain through phpmyadmin.ovh.net, when logging on, I need to specify the database name, the user name and password and a server name (in this case server51-xx.bdb).
This works fine, but when running the magento wizard, I use the same parameters, but cannot connect.
Don’t know which “host” I should specify?

KR,
Wim

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community