Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Send an email to a particular person, every time someone buys a product? 

Alekhine79

Total Posts:  6

Hello people,
I’ve been digging into the forum, and can not find a way to send an email to a particular person, every time someone buys a product.

I have a magento store and I would like that every time someone buys, email the product owner.

Is that possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

grangeweb

Total Posts:  3

If you look at this article it should show you how this is done

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-to-send-confirmation-email-to-new-account-subscribers

Was this what you were looking for?

Magento Community
Magento Community

davison

Total Posts:  56

Hi,

To send an separate E-mail confirmation, you can follow those steps it may help,

1. First, Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Click on Express Email Marketing.
3. Click Launch for the account you need to modify.
4. Then, Click on Sign-Up Form, Select a template.
5. In the Form, enter a custom message to display at the beginning of every opt-in email,then click Next
6. Select to send the message to either:
All unverified subscribers — will sends confirmation emails to subscribers with an unverified status.
Selected interest groups — will sends confirmation emails to interest group subscribers with an unverified status. If you choose to send the message to selected interest groups, select those groups from the list.
7. Finally, Click Preview to view your confirmation email, and then click Send Email.

Please check it out and let me know....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alekhine79

davison - 01 January 2013 08:22 PM

Hi,

To send an separate E-mail confirmation, you can follow those steps it may help,

1. First, Log in to your Account Manager.
2. Click on Express Email Marketing.
3. Click Launch for the account you need to modify.
4. Then, Click on Sign-Up Form, Select a template.
5. In the Form, enter a custom message to display at the beginning of every opt-in email,then click Next
6. Select to send the message to either:
All unverified subscribers — will sends confirmation emails to subscribers with an unverified status.
Selected interest groups — will sends confirmation emails to interest group subscribers with an unverified status. If you choose to send the message to selected interest groups, select those groups from the list.
7. Finally, Click Preview to view your confirmation email, and then click Send Email.

Please check it out and let me know....

Hello Davison:

Thanks for responding so quickly. I think I have not explained properly, I apologize.

I’ll try to explain better, since I’m not very familiar with magento:

I’m setting up a magento store to sell virtual products (tickets to sporting events). I offer web platform, to publish their event organizers.

I have found that every time a user makes a purchase to register to an event, get in your email, a proof of purchase.

My question is related, if with magento, you can automatically send an email to the organizer, indicating that X user (with your details Name, Last Name, etc.) has been registered.

Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alekhine79

Hello again:

One possible idea of ​​what I mean, would be: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4068567/magento-admin-receive-email-on-new-order

But here only shown as a new order to notify one or more admins.

In my case, this solution does not serve me.

Any idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

micosolutions

Total Posts:  20
Southern California, USA

We have an extension that is capable of this, please see this link: Product Ordered Emails for Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community