Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Displaying actual HTML in product option values.  Any ideas? 

puress

Total Posts:  5

Hello,

I am using custom product options for my products.

I have added HTML into the option values for styling purposes, which displays fine on the product page, but when viewing the cart or checkout, the actual HTML code is displayed rather than it rendering the code. (see attachments)

I have spent days trying to figure this out and read every forum post I can find with no luck.  I am really struggling.

in cart/item/default.phtml there is the following which outputs the custom options ‘title’ and ‘value’:

<dl class="item-options">
          <
dt><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($_option['label']?></dt>
          <
dd><?php echo $_formatedOptionValue['full_view'] ?></dd>
</
dl>

The htmlEscape is what affects the option title, not each specific option value.  However the value uses different code.  I have searched through most of the core code with no luck.

Any ideas on how to get the HTML to display correctly?

Thank you.

Image Attachments
htmlproblem-ok.pnghtmlproblem.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

puress

Total Posts:  5

Any ideas with this one anyone?

Site is due live next week and I have wasted way too much time trying to fix this problem without any luck.

All I need it to do it render the HTML entered.  Surely there is something somewhere that is causing it to show the actual HTML instead of rendering it.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community