Magento Forum

Help with implement this layout in Magento. 

shopnowbuynow

Total Posts:  2

I am new to Magento and I am looking for help before I invest a lot of time building a site with Magento I would like to see how easy or difficult it would be to implement this layout. I sell discontinued dinnerware and will have 100’s of categories, so a standard e-commerce site will not work well for me.

What I would be looking for is a 3 different page designs (layouts) 1 for mfg’s, 1 for Mfg patterns and standard layout with detailed header for products. I will have four main categories: China, Crystal, Flatware, and Collectibles. Each category will land on a Mfg page (text only) to the Mfgs Patterns page (photo and text name only) and the products for that pattern. I included some images to give a visual idea. On a scale from 1 - 10, 1 being not to hard some code in a couple pages, to 10 being a total custom front end site design.

Main page > China (mfgs list)

see (Cat 1 Pg 1 MFG.jpg)

Main page > China > Lenox (Lenox pattern list)

see (Cat 1 Pg 2 Patterns.jpg)

Main page > China > Lenox > Lenox Carolina (Blue Flowers) (Lenox product list)

see (Cat 1 Pg 3 Product Page.jpg)

Image Attachments
Cat 1 Pg 1 MFG.jpgCat 1 Pg 2 Patterns.jpgCat 1 Pg 3 Product Page.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magedziner

Total Posts:  246

shopnowbuynow - 27 December 2012 08:51 AM

I am new to Magento and I am looking for help before I invest a lot of time building a site with Magento I would like to see how easy or difficult it would be to implement this layout. I sell discontinued dinnerware and will have 100’s of categories, so a standard e-commerce site will not work well for me.

What I would be looking for is a 3 different page designs (layouts) 1 for mfg’s, 1 for Mfg patterns and standard layout with detailed header for products. I will have four main categories: China, Crystal, Flatware, and Collectibles. Each category will land on a Mfg page (text only) to the Mfgs Patterns page (photo and text name only) and the products for that pattern. I included some images to give a visual idea. On a scale from 1 - 10, 1 being not to hard some code in a couple pages, to 10 being a total custom front end site design.

Main page > China (mfgs list)

see (Cat 1 Pg 1 MFG.jpg)

Main page > China > Lenox (Lenox pattern list)

see (Cat 1 Pg 2 Patterns.jpg)

Main page > China > Lenox > Lenox Carolina (Blue Flowers) (Lenox product list)

see (Cat 1 Pg 3 Product Page.jpg)

You want to code it yourself ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Template fans
Guru

Total Posts:  446

You can refer to the designer’s tutorial to build your own layout.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/design_guide

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community