Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CSS and JS url problems

bigben138

Total Posts:  1

Hello everyone,

My css and jss file urls in the header have strange folder names that have been added.  The URLs have a strange set of characters.

Before the update the link looked like this:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="<MYWEBSITE>/skin/frontend/default/ygi_skin/css/styles.css media="all">

Now it looks like this:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="<MYWEBSITE>/skin/m/1343423796/skin/frontend/default/ygi_skin/css/styles.css,/skin/frontend/base/default/css/widgets.css" media="all">

The “m/1343423796” portion of the url was not there earlier, and each file was on a separate line.  I am not sure what caused this problem.

Recently my magento installation was upgraded to 1.6.0.  Unfortunately, I do not remember updating it and none of my developers do either.  I am not sure if it could have been updated automatically, but either way, my site is down which puts me in a very bad position.

I looked through the html, css, and phpmyadmin trying to find an instance where the url was set.  It is hidden pretty well.  I found where the url is generated in php using the call <?php echo $this->getCssJsHtml() ?> However, I cannot find where the function is for getting css and js.  I need to get this line back to its original state very quickly.  I tried to replicate the file structure using the random m/1343423796, but I am still getting errors.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community