Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

cms page is not working correct

fishermandepot

Total Posts:  14

Hi all i need some help on this or someone can guide me to fix this.

On the home page of http://www.fishermandepot.com. I originally set 4 categories as feature product, best sellers....etc in a one row style. that you click each tab and 5 products will reflect with the choices on top.

It was working perfectly till I went to the cms home page at back end, did not touch any code modification. All i did was click on the save button. All of sudden, the front end is all messed up on that section. It actually extended all the tag, changed the design and covered all my footers.

Can any one help me take a look into it and restore to the original style. I am assuming all the file and code is there since i have not modified anything. I sincerely appreciate it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tech0925

Total Posts:  56
Alabama

This is because of the WYSIWYG Editor. If it is active when you save your custom code it will sometimes overwrite it. It is best to always keep this to disabled by default to avoid these issues. Go to System->Configuration->Content Management and disable it by default. That will allow you to still use it but keeps you from making that mistake.

I am not sure if in the database it gets overwritten or not. I am checking into that now for you. I’ll update you soon. Also, your other option is to see if your hosting company has a recent backup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tech0925

Alabama

Unfortunately I just confirmed that it does overwrite the original table row so there is no way to recover the code unless you or your hosting company has a backup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishermandepot

Total Posts:  14

thank you tech. If my hosting company has no back up… What will be my alternative solution start from scratch?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tech0925

Alabama

Can you take a screen shot of your cms page so I can see how bad the code got messed up. Maybe I can help you fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community