Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Quick simple product creation” - Categories & Websites not configured

ktsixit

Total Posts:  68

Hi all,

I’ve been creating simple associated products using the “Quick simple product creation” panel, in Associated Products tabs. I noticed today that the simple products created using this function, do not have any categories or websites assigned. As a result, the parent configurable product is displayed as out of stock.

I manually assigned some categories on these simple products (in Categories tab), and chacked the “Main Website” option (in Websites tab) and the parent conf product became available for sale.

Why is this happening? Do I have to manually set these parameters for all associated simple products?  Isn’t there some way to inherit the parent configurable products categories and websites?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

You can try to generate the combinations of simple products associated with configurable using alternative solution called Store Manager for Magento. There you can set options for simples and it is much easier and quicker than from admin.
Check related article for the details -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/how-to-create-all-combinations-of-simple-products-that-belong-to-main-magento-configurable-product-in-2-clicks

Also there is a webinar on this, it is quite long, but you can check only the procedure of automated creation simple products. The URL to webinar is in my signature.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community