Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Selling Price vs Product Cost Attributes

digitaldiy

Total Posts:  3

The Magneto Wiki describes the Prices tab like so:

Prices tab

Enter your ordinary selling price for the product.

You may also enter your cost for purchasing the product.

Assign the correct Tax Class.

Use the Tier Price list to specify volume discounts.

Use the Special Price setting for campaigns. The Special Price is insensitive to volume and is used within the dates set by Special Price From Date and Special Price To Date. The Promotions tab in the Admin tool provides additional, more advanced price management options.

I can’t see a field for our purchasing cost in the prices tab. Which attribute is the “Ordinary Selling Price” and which is the “Your Cost for Purchasing the Product”?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

digitaldiy

Perhaps I need to rephrase the question - which attribute do I use for the “product landing price” (the cost we incur from a vendor/supplier) and which attribute do we use for the sale price (the price the customer would pay)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitaldiy

The reason I ask is I am told the sales invoice since Magento 1.4 records both the supplier cost and the customer purchase price. I’d like to know which attribute to enable for my product sets so that I can determine profit statements from the sales records.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivicaw

Total Posts:  8

I’d like to know, cause I don’t see it anywhere.  I used to have 1.4.2 and have just now recently switched to 1.7.0.2 and don’t see the simple product cost field anywhere.  What the heck Magento??

EDIT:  I figured it out, and maybe you had too, I realize this is a somewhat older thread but nevertheless.  It’s definitely still supported, for anybody whom like myself would get stuck and perhaps stumble upon this.

The fix:  Go into “Manage Attributes” section for under ‘Cost’, and in the section “Attribute Properties”, go down to the ‘Apply To’ column and make sure to select/highlight ‘Simple Products’ (or whatever else product type your item(s) in question would pertain to and save/update!  ....Bingo ....I just figured it out .... Now it should finally show on the actual admin screens when editing a product

-IW

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community