Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Whenever I am working in cpanel, the site freeze. 

Juno612

Total Posts:  54
City of Industry

Whenever I work in the cpanel such as uploading product, changing price and etc. All static pages are working fine, but when i click on the any product to try to view the product detail page. It just keep connecting connecting connecting....

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
juno612

File Attachments
IMG_0069.MOV  (File Size: 2567KB - Downloads: 13)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

Importing products in Magento needs a lots of resources.
As Magento import export system follows validation process and so takes time and resource both.

Once products are inserted then indexing will start.This results in data base locked at row level plus lots of resources are consumed

If your hosting package is not very good then resources alloted to your hosting were low and all those resources were eaten up by import export script.This will result in all other scripts running very slow.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community

Juno612

Total Posts:  54
City of Industry

Thank you for your input smile

During the holiday, I tested it when no one is working on the cpanel. A strange thing happened....

1. First, I cleared up my browser cache and history
2. Click on any product to view the product detail page
3. When I click on the first product, it keep circling about 2 minutes then get in.
4. Once I got into the product detail page on the first product that I clicked.
5. When I clicked on the second, third and so on..... it went in like a champ, super fast.

BUT today when I tested it, it went straight in with no delay at all. We’ve been working with our hosting at Nexcess.net to locate if its the server problem but they said they found nothing wrong.

Any suggestion? Thanks again..

Magento Community
Magento Community

satish
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  812
34,mantri Sadan,Shivaji Nagar,Nagpur,MS,India 4400

I recommed you to optimize your site for speed.

Some of the standard recommendations are:
1. Flat catalog to be switched on.
2. Full page cache or a good cache module to be used.
3. Cache to be switched on.
4. make sure XML files of modules not in use to be removed.
5.cron to be set to clean unwanted logs.
6. Also your hosting company should have experience hosting Magento as it needs an optimized server(light speed or Nginx server is prefered over apache.)
7. Your hosting plan should be good enough.

Satish

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community