Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Go VS Magento CE self-hosted

andry2

Total Posts:  2

Hi!

I can compare Magento Go as the Wordpress.com equivalent for Wordpress blogs?

Does hosting in Go is better than the other?

My real question: is Go Backend (admin) the same than in Community Edition?

Cordially,

Andry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

way2fabulous

Total Posts:  16

andry2 - 19 December 2012 11:29 PM

My real question: is Go Backend (admin) the same than in Community Edition?

They are similar, but of course not the same. You can look on Magento Go abmin panel here http://go.magento.com/support/kb/entry/name/admin-panel/
Or if you want to get more about Magento Go look through this review. It contains main advantages and disadvantages of Magento Go platform. http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/useful-articles/65-magento-go-useful-articles/5978-ready-steady-magento-go

Magento Community
Magento Community

andry2

Total Posts:  2

Je suis dans le french forum donc j’écris la réponse cette fois en français!

Bien sûr comme sur Wordpress, l’ajout de thèmes et de plugins (addons) est différent sur un Go et un self-hosted!
Sur Go, le concept de design (ou thème) est vraiment différent!

Bref, les 2 backoffices sont à peu près les même sauf pour le design, c’est tellement autre chose pour Go, j’espère que l’on pourra faire cela dans la version avec code source (CE ou Entreprise) prochainement!?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ChuckR

Total Posts:  9

Actually the main difference between Magento and Magento Go is that Magento Go is hosted and Magento is opensource.
for more information on Magento Go peculiarities you can read the following: http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/useful-articles/65-magento-go-useful-articles/5978-ready-steady-magento-go

Magento Community
Magento Community

maskodok

Total Posts:  5

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info IDRPOKER.COM Agen Texas Poker Online Indonesia Terpercaya | Mobil Sedan Corolla

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community