Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Authorize.net - Credit card type is not allowed for this payment method

Jonathon Harris

Total Posts:  18

I have a client site that’s running Magento Community Edition - version 1.3.2.4 - they’ve been using PayPal for payments for over a year with no issue.

Last week we added Authorize.net as a payment option and configured it to authorize and capture payments. Their Authorize.net account is set to then connect with their Sage Pay account.

Everything works as expected until attempting to submit a payment (important step ;) - no matter what card type is selected using the Authorize.net choices (Visa / MC / Dis / AMEX) - upon submitting the form, it throws a Magento alert of ”Credit card type is not allowed for this payment method”.

I’ve been on Google and the Magento forums for a couple hours now trying to track down the issue, and have come up empty. Most suggestions involved were to clear the cache - I’ve done so, both in the admin as well as clearing out var/cache and var/sessions directories, but it’s made no difference.

Authorize.net verified that the account is active and ready to receive transactions from those 4 card types.

Any thoughts on why this would be occurring and how to correct it?

Thanks for your help, Jonathon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community