Magento Forum

Magento Timeout Issue - Payment Processing Google Checkout & Amazon Payments - Rules not Working/Sending

NegriElectronics

Total Posts:  28

I am unsure which forum to post this, as it is a customization issue, but also a technical issue. So, I apologize for the duplicate.

We have an issue with our Magento communication to our payment processors. Once the customer leaves the site to check out the rules are not being passed on to the processor. The shipping rates shown are default and we are seeing a Time-Out error inside our Google Checkout console. Same goes with Amazon payments. We have been told that our server is too slow (it’s not), we have been told that the IP addresses need to be whitelisted, the calls need to be whitelisted….we have done all this and still we see the Timeout error. There is something wrong with this and we can unable to find out exactly what it is.
Here is a breakdown:
Customer places item into the cart, value over $299 earns free shipping.
Customer chooses their payment processor, Google Checkout and they are taken to the Google Checkout page where they log in. When they log in the shipping rates are calculated. If rates are not returned to Google in time, it times out and takes the default rates set in our Magento Admin. So the customer is stuck paying for shipping when we set it to Free. Same goes with virtual items we have set to .01lbs on the catalog, and a rule set up for all items .01 get free shipping. When the customer gets to Google or Amazon they are shown shipping prices and ultimately leave (some continue and we refund the shipping.
This is a horrible issue to have. We are losing customers daily because of this. Has anyone has experience with this? Or know of someone that is experienced that is willing and able to take a look into this issue for us? We do not want to be a testing facility for this – so the person would have to know what they are doing.
Please send me a message or email if you can help.

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community