Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

All Configurable products are showing as out of stock after 1.7.0.2 install

Sid Young

Total Posts:  6

I have performed a fresh install of v1.7.0.2 and began to setup several new sites on the new code base. I can create simple products with no issues but when I attempt to create any configurable products they all show as Out of stock despite the simple products associated to them haveing inventory levels of 1 and above and marked as in stock,

I have several non v1.7 working installations of Magento so I know how to configure it and setup products but this has me beat..

The Attribute I created appears as a dropdown list (its a dress size value XS to XL), I noticed that when I do a quick create, none of the products appear in the grid search part of the “Super Product Attribute configuration”, so I think Magento is not linking the simple products back to the parent and hence the out of stock appears to be the parent not the children.

Any one else experiencing this and have a solution?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

I understand that you are familiar with the process, however, I advise you to check all the settings step-by-step once again -
http://mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-how-to-create-magento-configurable-product

Also here is one more article that describes what should be checked in order for the product to be visible -
http://mag-manager.com/i-cannot-find-see-new-products-on-my-magento-store-admin-what-should-i-check

To make sure that this issue is not connected with database, you can try to add product using any 3-party tool. I offer you Store Manager for Magento, as it works directly with database. You can test 2-weeks version of the application using the link in my signature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sid Young

Total Posts:  6

No disrespect intended but I don’t want to buy a product for functionality that worked in previous versions.

Sid

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey @Sid,

1. Do you have Inventory > Manage Stock set to “Yes” in the configurable?
2. Got any exceptions logging?
3. Where is the Super Product Attribute configuration grid that you mentioned?  I’m not seeing it in the configurable’s child simple product manage page.
4. What do you have in System > Config > Catalog > Inventory > Qty for Item’s Status to Become Out of Stock

There are some changes to how 1.7 handles minimum stock levels, but it sounds like you’re not even dealing with that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bestshop24h

Total Posts:  24

having exactly the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

bestshop24h

Total Posts:  24

when create the attribute

apply to :select “simple product” and “configurable product”

not only configurable product

Magento Community
Magento Community

garrettperna

Total Posts:  10

Same exact problem.  Configurable product is marked as in stock, and child products are marked as in stock with quantities attached.  I have tried playing around with manage stock on both configurable, and child products.  That does not seem to make any difference.  I clear cache, and re-index after each different attempt I make.  No success

Magento Community
Magento Community

ktripp

Total Posts:  29
Missouri

when create the attribute

apply to :select “simple product” and “configurable product”

not only configurable product

This worked for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adamhw

Total Posts:  51

Make sure you set up your attribute right - I was having this issue and then went back over the attribute settings - make sure it’s set up for configurable products

Magento Community
Magento Community

myedesigner

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

I’ve spent hours trying to figure out the problem of why my product was not showing the “Product options/attributes” on the public site. 

After ensuring all the setup for the attributes, the set, the stock availability, product visibility, categories being selected, etc were CORRECT, and After lots of research, I found the following answer on this thread:
http://www.scorgit.com/blog/magento-associated-products-not-showing-up/

After ensuring that everything was set up properly (as shortly explained above and lots of online threads), all I had to do was simply to open the main “configurable product” (parent) in edit mode, go to the “attributes” tab, and press “Reset filter”, then “Select all”, which puts checkmarks on all the product options and then hit SAVE. By selecting them all, this column not only selects them but in fact makes these product options AVAILABLE (enabled) for the product!

To bad the column is just called nothing and only shows a “checkmark”. This left-most column should be called “enable?” or something to make it clear that if it’s checked, it’s not just for selecting it, but for enabling it and making it live on the website (so that product options do appear).

See attached image to see where I had to “check” all of my child products (within the configurable product) were set.

Hope this helps

Jaime
www.myedesigner.com

Image Attachments
magento options.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community