Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2

innerwolf

Total Posts:  70
Leicester UK

Hi

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2. I’ve overcome a couple of the issues but I am still getting a magento error page on the frontend. I can log into the backend and downloader.  I’ve

The website is www.innerwolf.co.uk. I can’t find where the error logs are saved to see what is causing the issue. Also if I try to do anything through the downloader I get this error message “Couldn’t resolve host ‘magento-community’”

Please help so I can get the site up and running and not have to just restore the old version again.

Adrian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey Adrian, Looks like you’ve probably restored a backup by now, but what you want to do is go into System > Config > Developer and turn logging on.  Then you’ll see exceptions logged in var/log/exceptions.log

Even without doing that though, you should see error reports in var/report.  I probably wouldn’t use the downloader myself, I like to just pull down the new version of the files - it’s a bit simpler with less room for error. 

Here’s a little upgrade guide that I wrote recently.  Most of it probably isn’t relevant to your specific issue, other than the piece where I talk about pulling in the new core files to do an upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

johnbullac

Total Posts:  17

innerwolf - 15 December 2012 03:39 AM

I’m trying to upgrade from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.
Adrian

Hi Adrian, thaere are lots of themes here considering Magento upgrading, so you can follow their advice. I hope you had already made a backup of your store data.  Try to chose another way of upgrading via Connect manager, Cart2Cart service, they provide automated solution for Magento upgrading http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration , or the guideline mentioned above. I didn’t tried it yet, but looks like real.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community