Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable Products | Drop-Down not populating/empty

Girvin

Total Posts:  2

I am still having an issue with getting my Configurable Product drop-downs to populate.

I have double checked the setup and all the associated Simple Products are associated with the Configurable Product.  The Simple Products are set to be Not Visible Individually (I have tried visible in Search and Catalog.)

I have checked the database and the items are showing in the super_product_link table as linked.

I have gone through all the files and fixed all the jQuery issues and removed the Simple Configurable Products plug-in.  I have also tested it on the default templates and I am still not getting the drop-down populated.

The var spConfig is populating with the correct pieces but the options just aren\’t being created.  And now all of the sudden I am getting a \"ReferenceError: changeFristText is not defined\” which is new as of this afternoon.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Chris

I am checking with my client to see if I can post the page URL for viewing.

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2012-12-14 at 2.38.50 PM.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

I can see that the issue is not a trivial one, but I can offer you to check few most common things that in most cases cause such issue. I advise you once again to check if everything was set up correctly. If you do not get drop-downs, I guess there must be something wrong with attributes. Do not forget that scope should be global, input type drop-down, apply it to all products types, set option Use to create configurable product to Yes. Do not forget about the attribute values and try to set for all views or the drop-dons will be empty.

Check this article -
http://mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-how-to-create-magento-configurable-product

Also keep in mind that you need to clear chache and reindex data to make sure that you can see actual data at your store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Girvin

Thanks for the answer Store_Manager

In going back through your steps, the problem still wasn’t solved so I had to revert to on older version of the site and find the issue.  Turns out I had deleted the changeFristText function, while trying to solve earlier issues and as soon as I replaced that function, the drop-down start to populate.

Now I just need to solve one more issue with the drop-downs.  The second drop down isn’t populating due to my use of the jQuery plug dd, which helps to style drop-downs.  In doing so, it adds an extra div to the input box.  Because of this extra div, the javascript functions aren’t being called when a choice is made in the first drop-down box to validate and populate the second.  Does anyone happen to know how to change the call to all for this new div?

Thanks
Chris

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2012-12-23 at 7.56.36 AM.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

karisletten

Girvin - 23 December 2012 06:59 AM

Now I just need to solve one more issue with the drop-downs.  The second drop down isn’t populating due to my use of the jQuery plug dd, which helps to style drop-downs.  In doing so, it adds an extra div to the input box.  Because of this extra div, the javascript functions aren’t being called when a choice is made in the first drop-down box to validate and populate the second.  Does anyone happen to know how to change the call to all for this new div?

I am having the same issue with the second option in my configurable product not populating in the front end. I would love to know if you ever resolved this issue.

I have gone back through and checked to make sure the attribute set and all simple products are set up correctly, and it seems like they are since there is no problem adding the attributes to the configurable product in the back end. The problem is specific just to the second set of attributes when trying to select them from the front end.

The problem can be seen here:
http://www.hygieiaapothecary.com/index.php/bath-and-body/moistureize-me-shea-and-avacado-body-butter-81.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

latinostar

Total Posts:  99

karisletten - 25 February 2013 07:04 AM

Girvin - 23 December 2012 06:59 AM

I am having the same issue with the second option in my configurable product not populating in the front end. I would love to know if you ever resolved this issue.

I have gone back through and checked to make sure the attribute set and all simple products are set up correctly, and it seems like they are since there is no problem adding the attributes to the configurable product in the back end. The problem is specific just to the second set of attributes when trying to select them from the front end.

The problem can be seen here:
http://www.hygieiaapothecary.com/index.php/bath-and-body/moistureize-me-shea-and-avacado-body-butter-81.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Push

I have the same problem: http://www.carpemodo.de/bad/badeteppich/test6-753.html

I found, that this is a jquery problem with prototype problem, but i do not know, where and how I can fix that. Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

michellekoen

Total Posts:  3

Have you tried updating your version of scriptalicious?
The problem comes from a conflict with prototype.

You can find out how here:
http://css-tricks.com/using-jquery-in-magneto/

This hasn’t worked for me but I think it’s how i’m calling jQuery. If you’re are better att jQuery than me you might be able to get this working and then lend me a hand over on my thread?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/320527/

Magento Community
Magento Community

latinostar

michellekoen - 20 March 2013 10:43 PM

Have you tried updating your version of scriptalicious?
The problem comes from a conflict with prototype.

You can find out how here:
http://css-tricks.com/using-jquery-in-magneto/

This hasn’t worked for me but I think it’s how i’m calling jQuery. If you’re are better att jQuery than me you might be able to get this working and then lend me a hand over on my thread?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/320527/

i have no idea of jquery-programming. But u said, that after updating scriptalicious ur options stopped, so why sholud i update, if this does not help? Sorry for my bad english.

PS. “scriptalicious” is already integrated in my template. i have replaced with the newest version, but nothing changed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

michellekoen

Total Posts:  3

The problem is with the version of prototype (part of scriptalicious) which ships with magento.

By upgrading to the latest version of scriptalicious you should be able to use jQuery in noconflicts mode.

Magento Community
Magento Community

latinostar

Perhaps this thread helps:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7532124/jquery-prototype-conflicts-in-magento

I have now added

<action method="addJs"><script>prototype/prototype.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>jquery/jquery-1.7.min.js</script></action>
                <
action method="addJs"><script>jquery/noconflict.js</script></action>

in page.xml
it works now, but the jquery design is gone…

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrymedia_uk

Total Posts:  5

Hi all,
On reading this thread, I have noted you are talking about not being able to select the second dropdown. Unless you select a value in the first (dropdown) you are unable to select a second. Makes sense as you are having to narrow-down you selection. If you want a work round so that either can be selected (initially), PM me and I’ll share all.!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community