Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CMS + Ecommerce responsive solution

nunocosta

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone,

I work with a webdesign company which is now searching for a new solution to develop websites with responsive design, end-user CMS capabilities on different platforms (pc, tablet, smartphone), and with an ecommerce platform that could manage a database of a few thousand sku’s that are available for several different websites, supported by dedicated windows servers.

I’ve found it’s quite hard to gather info on such an extensive list of requirements and haven’t found any comprehensive solution: Magento might be good for the ecommerce part and Joomla for the responsive CMS, but since the developers in the company have no experience on any of these platforms (they mainly work with ASP and SQL servers), I don’t know to what point Magento and Joomla can be integrated, or if there are extensions to Magento that fulfill these specs.

Can anyone give me some input on this subject?

Many thanks,
Nuno

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

You can find a large number of responsive Magento themes on Envato Theme Forest. You could use one of those themes either as is or as a basis for developing the web presence. Magento is a very robust and scale-able platform. I personally don’t recommend integrating multiple platforms together unless it is absolutely necessary as it makes upgrades and maintenance just that much more complicated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community