Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Handling of multiple Store-keepers with individual access permissions in a single website..? 

DevAngelo

Total Posts:  27

Hi,
I am developing an e-commerce website using Magento Community Version 1.7, now suppose I have one single website and many suppliers(store keepers) included in this website with their products; for example:-

Main Website is: http://www.mywebsite.com
Store-keepers under above website: store1, store2, store3.......store30.
Products as per store: store1(Furniture products), store2(Mobiles and Laptops), store3(Clothes and Apparels).

So how can I make each store-keeper have their different login access and when they enter the above site, they can view only their products, customers that viewed/purchased their products, all reports respective to their products/sales, transactions specific to their store, etc..

Is there such functionality in Magento(Admin Panel) itself to cover above issues or we need to make it customize by adding specific tables to database, writing our code in php/js/html and make connection of frontend and backend.

In general, I want to create three module architecture website - Admin View, User View and Supplier View(Store-keeper view).

Please, can anyone help me out on the above problem.....

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello
The community edition does not support by default ACL at a store level.
There are some extension that allow you to do this.
Here is the first that I found:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/advanced-permissions.html
but I’m sure there are others.

Magento EE support this out of the box.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DevAngelo

Total Posts:  27

Hi,
thanks a lot for your reply. It was greatly helpful.

Thanks..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community