Magento Forum

Cant find /install “directory”

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

I know Magento is based on the Zend Framework and therefore dont have the “normalt” folder-system. However, after following the installation-guide both me and many others seem to encounter a problem that the system cant find /magento/install.

I guess this has to be with .htaccess somehow.

Discussions about it - with solutions - goes here..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Just load it from the root dir. It will run itself. If it doesn’t pull up the install directory correctly you may not have mod_rewrite installed on your server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ze F

Total Posts:  5
Portugal

aFFi - 31 August 2007 08:29 AM

I know Magento is based on the Zend Framework and therefore dont have the “normalt” folder-system. However, after following the installation-guide both me and many others seem to encounter a problem that the system cant find /magento/install.

I guess this has to be with .htaccess somehow.

Discussions about it - with solutions - goes here..

aFFi, check this post. It looks like mod_rewrite isn’t being loaded.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pofroad

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem, but my mod_rewrite is active !!

[Fri Aug 31 19:33:24 2007] [error] [client 10.0.1.100] File does not exist: /Users/pofroad/Sites/magento/install

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Had a problem with .htaccess on a subdomain-system at our ISP, but when I moved it to the wwwdocs-folder it worked. Mod_Rewrite needs to be enabled, yes.

Now we get an error missing pdo_mysql.. Wonder why this is being used. PHP needs to be recompiled a whole lot of times for this one..

Magento Community
Magento Community

pofroad

Total Posts:  2

Ok I had to modify my httpd.conf : AllowOverride was set to None, I changed for All and now all is ok (I mean very nice, quick ... it was worth waiting all August grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Le Capitaine

Total Posts:  6

Thanks for your help pofroad. I had the same problems than you on EasyPHP

Magento Community
Magento Community

piotrekkaminski

Total Posts:  73

the same problem happens if you try to use the apache included with Zend Studio. You need to change AllowOverride to All in /usr/local/Zend/apache2/conf/http.conf or similar file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tommarks

Total Posts:  1

I am trying to setup on a Media Temple (gs) Gridserver, but I have the same install directory not found errors. As far as I know htaccess is enabled on (mt), does anyone have any information that might be able to help me?

Magento Community
Magento Community

willwade

Total Posts:  3

Theres one other reason that you should be aware of that I have just discovered.. And its NOT to do with the obvious mod_rewrite
If you have been a smart alec and downloaded the beta-0.6-latest note that the root .htaccess file is missing - so it wont work :(
To get the latest build working just copy over a beta-0.6 /.htaccess file and it should be good to go

hth

w

Magento Community
Magento Community

Draakje

Total Posts:  8

I have mod-rewrite installed and i also get the blank page when visiting the webfolder with Magento in it. I tried a lot of things already, but no show. I’ll be searching other possibilities. Hope i can get it to work on the server. Allow override in set to all as well…

Edit: I have a LAMP serverI upgraded to php 5.2.0 to install the webshop And with a blank page i mean blank. Not a 404 not found… Just a whiste screen…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community