Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Copying a Magento instance to Xampp

dblaq

Total Posts:  2

I have been trying to copy my production website to my local Xampp server for development. I archived all of the files on the server and extracted them on the Xampp root directory for the website. I created the Mysql dump and imported it into the Xampp Mysql.

I modified the core_config_table to reflect the new path which is the localhost/directory

I also updated the config.xml file to reflect the database

But the final result is a fail, I get an error message

Not sure how to duplicate the instance on another server as I am not quite sure what all files play a part for the server recognition.

I am using Community 1.7

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

S Macfarlane

Total Posts:  53
Southampton

Can you share the error message that is generated and also a copy of your xamp error.log?
We cannot really help you without this information.

Magento Community
Magento Community

epvicky

Total Posts:  59

Hi,

Whether the error report is generated to you ? check the folder var/report in root directory of magento files using error log number. share it to help you..

Regards,
epvicky

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community