Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento keeps erroring when installing extensions

dblaq

Total Posts:  2

Hi I am new to Magento and have inherited the project from another developer. I am consistently running into issues with Magento. I come from Joomla and find Magento very cumbersome to manage.

I simply try to install different extensions, I go to the Magento market place, click the install button, get the key. Then go to my magento connect, enter it and everything seems fine, I get no error messages there, I click refresh but when going back to the admin panel. I consistently get the “Error processing your request”

It did this on two separate extensions. I am at a loss because I am still learning the system

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

S Macfarlane

Total Posts:  53
Southampton

Does it create a Magento error report within your var/report/ folder? Also have you confirmed that the extension supports your version of Magento?

As per my reply to your other post we need more detail error logs to assist you further.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community