Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I’m trying to add a Make/Model filter to my cell phone accessory store, but no luck so far. 

xwistoreadmin

Total Posts:  1

I’m trying to add a Make/Model filter to my cell phone accessory store, but no luck so far. I’ve looked at Part finder extensions, specifically Amasty’s, but I have yet to find one that will let my customers select a Make/Model on the front page have it “stick” for the whole browsing session.

Does anyone have a suggestion on an extension that would accomplish this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mmcclain03

Total Posts:  15

What you are trying to do is a little bit more complicated, so I tend to agree with VanquishSBS\’s solution. If you really want it to work like the big sites do it you will want to do it right by storing the make and model as a session / cookie, etc.  Then have all of the rest of the product collections filter off of that.

Have you seen this module? Maybe it is close to what you want? http://www.helloostore.com/magento-modules/helloo-cars.html

Good luck, let me know if you want to go for a custom solution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community