Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Out of stock when quantity is 0

joao_opositivo

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I am facing an issue on Magento. I have finished a clothes store and, as any clothes store, we have options for the products, such as color and size, so, I need to work with configurable products, and here starts the issue: when, for example, a specific t-shirt size \"small\" is completely sold and its quantity is marked as 0, the product should not be marked as \"out of stock\”? Is this a Magento issue or I didn\’t understand how Magento manages the stock? Is there a specific way or \"hack\" to fix that?

Detail: only after adding a product to cart the message with notice about that product is out of stock is displayed, but I need to avoid adding any out of stock products to the shopping cart, because doesn\’t make sense you add to cart a item which was sold out completely.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DevAngelo

Total Posts:  27

Even I am a new user to Magento but until now, what I have figure out is when your qty becomes 0, it will be displayed as out of stock. May be you can customize your database and some tables which can store the sub-information about particular clothes, eg-

product_master_table:
pid pname .....
1 T-shirt ....
2 Pants ......

product_detail_table:
pid size qty
1 S 20
1 M 50
1 L 30

Now when if Small Size T-Shirt qty becomes 0, only small size T-Shirt will be displayed as out-of-stock.

Even you can edit the php/html/css/js files in order to hide the out-of-stock product or to restrict out-of-stock product to be added to cart…

Hope something from above will be useful to you.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sehaj Mathur

Total Posts:  15

the best way to fix this is to stop manage your stock. you can do this by going system->configuration->catalog->inventory

In ‘product stock option’ set ‘Manage Stock’ to ‘No’.

Dont forget to check ‘Use Config Settings’ to all products. You can do this manually by going to
1. catalog->manage products
2. edit your product
3. click ‘Inventory’ on the left and check ‘Use Config Settings’ beside Manage Product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community