Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Translations Issue

BoekPlaza

Total Posts:  5

Translations Issue

Dear all,

I have made a webshop (http://www.boek-plaza.nl); learning by doing. But the one thing I can’t get right, are the translations.
I have all translations in app/design/frontend/default/ma_bookstore/layout/locale/nl_NL
In the frontend most of the text is Dutch, but some still remains English. If I change it, with the frontend inline translator some other text disappears....i don’t know what is happening.

Looking at the Mage_xxx files nothing seems to change. Where is Magento saving all translations?
Any documentation would help.

Please help me out.

Greetings
René

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagikTejas

Total Posts:  150

Hello,

Translation path seems to wrong -

app/design/frontend/default/ma_bookstore/locale/nl_NL

It should be out of the layout folder.

If you are having problem in inline translation then disable cache management & try it.

Hope this will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BoekPlaza

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply and help!

I have now changed the directory and disabled cache, but still experience problems.
For example: if I go to Wishlist and sent an e-mail (Share Wishlist), I get the following message: “Your Wishlist has been shared.”

In Mage_Wishlist.csv I have added the following line:
Your Wishlist has been shared,"Je verlanglijstje is verstuurd”

Saved in directory => .../app/design/frontend/default/ma_bookstore/locale/nl_NL/

Why is the translation not recognized by Magento?
And where are the inline translations saved, ‘cause the modified dates of the Mage_xxx files never change?

Greetings
René

Magento Community
Magento Community

BoekPlaza

Dear all,

Anyone who wants to help me out?

Thnx
René