Magento Forum

Grouped Products as a dropdown

sourcetech

Total Posts:  17

I’m looking to change the list of associated products in a grouped product from a table to a dropdown list

I’m surprised that I can’t find a solution online, am I the only one who would like this as an option? Some of our grouped products will have 10-15 associated items, so the page will end up being really long!

I know I could use product options instead, but each option needs to be a separate product to show properly in google shopping etc..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sourcetech

Can anyone help please? All I want is the list of grouped products to show as a drop down please

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  854

Hello,

Since nobody has replied to you over 4 days already, I am posting this reply.

Grouped products do not have drop-downs. Magento itself is designed in the way that grouped products are representing product variants.
In case you need drop-downs, you need to use configurable products.
Check this article for the details -
http://mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/what-is-magento-configurable-product-how-to-create-magento-configurable-product

Magento Community
Magento Community

sourcetech

Hello, thank you for your help.

I’ve just spent a couple of hours setting up the attributes, assigning them to each product, and then setting up the configurable product.. only to find the pricing has to be defined by me!

Basically, we’re selling touchscreens with different sizes and different amounts of touches. What I am looking for is the configurable product to take the price from each simple product and calculate it as there really is NO way of simply calculating this ourselves (I want to include 97 simple products within the configurable!)

Does anyone know of a mod that would do this please?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sourcetech

Got it! Sorry, I didn’t think this would work with CE 1.7 but apparently it does perfectly! smile

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Matt+Dean/extension/596/simple-configurable-products

Magento Community
Magento Community

dshank

Total Posts:  35

Thanks for the info - however, I still need something that will help me condense my very long list of simple products on some of my grouped products. I don’t think the extension you mentioned will do that. Were you able to find any other extensions or solutions to the long list problem?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community