Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.5 to 1.7 DB & Sales Error When Logging In

samantha57820

Total Posts:  2

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.7 tonight. I backed up my databases, media files and local.xml file. I uploaded 1.7 files via ftp and imported my database backup.

When I login to the admin panel I get the following error:

There has been an error processing your request
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘*DBNameRemoved.captcha_log’ doesn’t exist

Trace:
#0 /home/abog/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/abog/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/abog/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /home/abog/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’DELETE FROM `ca...’, Array)
#4 /home/abog/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’DELETE FROM `ca...’, Array)
#5 /home/abog/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(661): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’DELETE FROM `ca...’)
#6 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/Model/Resource/Log.php(100): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete(’captcha_log’, Array)
#7 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/Model/Observer.php(276): Mage_Captcha_Model_Resource_Log->deleteUserAttempts(’tony’)
#8 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Captcha/Model/Observer.php(233): Mage_Captcha_Model_Observer->_resetAttempt(’tony’)
#9 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1338): Mage_Captcha_Model_Observer->resetAttemptForBackend(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#10 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1317): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Captcha_Model_Observer), ‘resetAttemptFor...’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#11 /home/abog/public_html/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’admin_session_u...’, Array)
#12 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php(104): Mage::dispatchEvent(’admin_session_u...’, Array)
#13 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php(69): Mage_Admin_Model_Session->login(’tony’, ‘jBCK1Y5’, Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#14 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1338): Mage_Admin_Model_Observer->actionPreDispatchAdmin(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#15 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1317): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Observer), ‘actionPreDispat...’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#16 /home/abog/public_html/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#17 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(528): Mage::dispatchEvent(’controller_acti...’, Array)
#18 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(160): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#19 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(408): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#20 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#21 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#22 /home/abog/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#23 /home/abog/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#24 /home/abog/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#25 {main}

I can hit refresh and the error goes away and takes me to the admin panel as normal. Here’s my question(s):

1. How is this table missing when I did a DB import? Is it 1.7 specific?
2. How do I get this error to go away so it doesn’t concern my client?
3. Some of the sales data is missing. Like $40K worth of sales data. Why isn’t it reloading with the database?

I don’t have SSH access only Cpanel & ftp and all the normal access.

Thanks in advance!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalenjordan

Total Posts:  218
Pasadena, CA

Hey Samantha, I think you have since reverted back to 1.5 because of the issues you hit, but just to follow up on this issue, I’m a little unclear on what the process was that you took.  When you say that you imported your 1.5 database backup, do you mean that you actually upgraded to 1.7, then imported the old 1.5 database?

If so, that would definitely cause some issues.  No need to import the old 1.5 database once the upgrade is complete.

As far as the captcha_log error message goes, that’s a database table that 1.7 expects to see.  If you imported the old 1.5 database after the upgrade, that would explain the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

patrickdaemon

Total Posts:  7

[1. How is this table missing when I did a DB import? Is it 1.7 specific?
2. How do I get this error to go away so it doesn’t concern my client?
3. Some of the sales data is missing. Like $40K worth of sales data. Why isn’t it reloading with the database?

1.7 is not specific. While transferring data manually, you should go firts to 1.6, than to 1.7. to avoid all errors.  But it is not clear, maybe there is something wrong with the method you use to upgrade Magento? I was looking to Magento upgrade instructions at Magneto documentation and on forums, so you can try again and go this way of manual upgrade, it works http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/manual_upgrade_using_fresh_install_and_original_database?do=show and you can also take a look at automated Magento upgrade service here http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/223-magento-to-magento-migration One of this two, should help you. And if you made a data backup, you dont have to worry about anything

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community