Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Shipping

WebAustralia

Total Posts:  1

Yes they have a web service call that can access their api via magento ...they have a developers guide you can use or you can just pay one of their approved magento partners to do the hard work for you and link the site up to the transport company. Their api can quote on all the courier companies you mentioned fastways, aae great for satchels You may need to wait a while as they are the only API shipping calculator and have a big demand. Good news is they have an affiliate program for us web developers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Genevieve

Total Posts:  22
Perth, Australia

We’ve just released a live rate extension for Fastway couriers. This means you simply install and enable the extension and it will generate live postage and shipping rates, based on your location and the destination. You can configure whether to use satchels or not and whether to offer bulk label discounts to the customer or not.

There is a lot more information and a demo available here
http://www.webshopapps.com/shipping-extensions/api-controller-based/fastway-couriers-australia.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

mates85

Total Posts:  4

Hey Guys,

is there any way to de-activate express post option ? as i cannot always ship items due to other work commitments it poses awkward confrontation from customers when they think they can purchase at nighttime especially and have it within 24 hours.

i really only post my items off twice a week unless its a backorder.

any help would be great,

i am using the fontis aus post extension i believe (i installed it over 12 months ago)

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommerceaus

Total Posts:  4

Hi Mates85

You probably have your answer now so this is more for people still looking for a solution. The free Temando magento shipping extension has a new function called the Rules engine.

With the rules engine you can set up rules based on post code ranges. You can assign carriers to the ranges and set up shipping rules around them. This way you can set up your choice of shipping taking advantage of Aupost, fastway, startrack, tnt.

The best part is you can nominate the text that is displayed on the estimate shipping page and at the cart level. For example you could write \"standard delivery 2-4 business days\” or you could write \"Overnight shipping\” its your call.

Why is this helpful ? Well have a look at one customer woolworthshampers.com.au it takes advantage of the temando magento rules engine by getting the best courier for specific areas, all automated.

Another feature is the multi origin feature - this feature helps you drop ship or assign certain stock to a 3pl or suppliers location right from your magento admin section. Have a look at some of the screenshots at http://temando.com/magento

Hope this helps with your Magento shipping in Australia

Magento Community
Magento Community

GeorgePlummer

Total Posts:  9

Check out StarShipIT. http://www.starshipit.com/dhl.html They support Magento, Fastway couriers, DHL & I think AusPost.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2