Magento Forum

Skipping import row, required field “sku” is not defined. 

heliobarbosa

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I downloaded and even without opening or even change anything, I tried to make the import and is accusing this error:

Skipping import row, required field “sku” is not defined.

How to proceed?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello,

Most likely the issue is connected with the fact that in your file for import there is no field with SKU or there are no values. Also it can be so that the column you have in the file have different name that database field and your import method cannot recognize it. Magento has very strict requirements to the data placed in the file and all the obligatory columns. Also even in case you used default Magento export tool to get the sample of the file for import, usually, it is not suitable, as for import there are other requirements.

In case you have SKU, I offer you to open the file and save it with UTF-8 and try to import again.

If it won\’t work, I can offer you to import using Store Manager for Magento application. It has no strict requirements to the import file and even in case you do not have some of the needed values, they can be added on the fly right in the process of import.
There is 2-week free version of Store Manager for Magento application.
It is fully functional, so you can give it a try -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

In case you need my further assistance, please let me know and I will gladly guide you through.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community