Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

UPS zone shipping by weight

wprater

Total Posts:  7

My client needs to set pricing for shipping based on UPS zones.. I believe there are 5 of them.  The pricing will change based on weight groups and will be different pricing per zone and per weight.

Is this currently possible with Magento?  I’ve found a plugin for multiple table rate shipping which potentially solves this problem, but we need to enter in a large about of information into CSV.  Seems there should a way to have this auto calculated based on a few parameters.

If anyone has an answer, that would be appreciated!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This feature is not currently supported in Magento (1.2.x) but can be achieved with customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JessicaAM

Total Posts:  12

I’ve got the same issue.  Clients within this zone have to use ground or 2nd day, and anyone outside of that zone has to use 2nd day.  And the shipping rates are based on weight.  I tried to convince the customer to just use a flat rate per zone, but he wants the exact rate that UPS would normally give.  He can’t figure out why this is such an issue, his paypal site handled this just fine.... smile

Any ways around this?
Jessica

Magento Community
Magento Community

wprater

Total Posts:  7

As Adi stated, we need to create a plugin to achieve this since its not part of the standard functionality.  I’ll be creating this over the weekend for my client.  However, the likely hood of me creating a re-usable plugin might be slim (as time is not on my side) :( .

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community