Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multistore domains on seperate accounts

spiral_dev

Total Posts:  2

Hi All,

Im sure this has been answered somewhere, but I cannot seem to find the answer (searching for ages)

Basically, we have a main webstore (domain.co.uk) - this is where all the files are stored and where the multistore admin area is.
We also have a second store (domain.com) - this is our websites second store.

Both domain.co.uk and domain.com are on seperate hosting accounts (separate c lass subnets)

Now the issue is that we have domain.co.uk live, but we cannot get domain.com working. I have tried all of the “workaround” ways I can find online, but none seem to work

How would I go about getting this working?

Thank you in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rich Cleverley

Total Posts:  285

Does this mean you have two magento file systems?  If so I’d imagine that you would need to open up the DB on the host you have it on so the other host can access it then point host2 at it in the main local.xml and have both sites set up in domain1’s admin panel.

Is there any reason why you can’t have both domains on the same host to make life easier?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hotelwww2

Total Posts:  11

Hi spiral_dev, I’m new in Magento Developping / Using but I’ll try to help.

There is a XML file (app/etc/local.xml) with database information (host, login, password). Had you already tried to clone this file from domain.co.uk to the domain.com? If didn’t, beackup it before you do, I’ve not tested this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community