Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Detailed Review Extension

Mage_Workshop

Total Posts:  10

We’ve developed solution which improves functionality of standard review system and provides better user experience:Detailed Review Extension.

Here is a link for interactive Guide. Click “Please, click this link to follow Detailed Review guide” on the top of the demo page to start live Demo.

For more features and information about this module check our Manual.

You can also contact us .

This post was created for new users to ask questions, post issues and feature requests.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

LovePepper

Total Posts:  40

I like this extension very much and it works for me flawlessly.

Amazing you give it away free.

I have a suggestion to even make it better. haha It needs a “Auto Review Reminder” because with such a good review system needs to have reviews!

I have another extension for review reminders but I can’t get them to work together. I have one review reminder I’ve been trying but it takes me to Magento’s default add review page but it would be nice to go to the same review page as in the pop-up on your Detailed Review extension.

Anyway, thank you for this fine extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage_Workshop

Reminder is something planned but this is quite a bit of work so not sure when it will be processed. If reminder extension used is free one we could install it and check what exactly is wrong there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

LovePepper

Yes, the reminder extension I have is a free one. I have two in fact as I thought another one might work. Yeah, I would very much like to get it working but it might be a little while before I have the money. Maybe not to long. I’ll contact you when I get ready and if you have the time then you can get it working for me. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

rejoiner

Total Posts:  1
Boston

Magento Community
Magento Community

LovePepper

Yes, the two I have are here:

Get Customer Feedback

and…

AUTO REVIEW REMINDER EMAILER

Magento Community
Magento Community

gilmr

Hi, I’ve just installed the Detailed Review and followed the instructions but it broke my theme. please advise!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage_Workshop

Please check installation and troubleshooting instructions here and here and let us know if this helped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

glazehaynes

Total Posts:  33

Try Auto Review Reminder for better product review because it will request your customers automatically via E-mail to write product reviews.

Visit here:- http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/irzzo-autoreviewreminderemail-4054.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

Hi
Couple of questions…
1. Can html be entered into the textarea in front end?  I am specifically looking to allow guests to enter urls and links.
2. Can a WYSIWYG editor be used in textarea in front end?
3. If you extension is uninstalled, are reviews lost or will the rating/review be converted into core magento format?
4. Is you extension compatible with google snippets from http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/msemantic-semantic-seo-for-rich-snippets-in-google-and-yahoo.html
Thanks for answering in advance
Toby

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage_Workshop

tjscgroup - 27 April 2013 01:09 PM

Hi
Couple of questions…
1. Can html be entered into the textarea in front end?  I am specifically looking to allow guests to enter urls and links.
2. Can a WYSIWYG editor be used in textarea in front end?
3. If you extension is uninstalled, are reviews lost or will the rating/review be converted into core magento format?
4. Is you extension compatible with google snippets from http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/msemantic-semantic-seo-for-rich-snippets-in-google-and-yahoo.html
Thanks for answering in advance
Toby

>>1. Can html be entered into the textarea in front end? I am specifically looking to allow guests to enter urls and links.
>>2. Can a WYSIWYG editor be used in textarea in front end?
This is not allowed out of the box. We use “htmlspecialchars” before saving posted data.

>>3. If you extension is uninstalled, are reviews lost or will the rating/review be converted into core magento format?
If you uninstall extension all default Magento review data will not be deleted. Only Detailed Review data will be lost (like images, videos, pros, cons, etc.).

>>4. Is you extension compatible with google snippets from
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/msemantic-semantic-seo-for-rich-snippets-in-google-and-yahoo.html
We are not sure, but seems like it is compatible with this extension because we didn’t make any changes to rating management system at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fragrances

Total Posts:  37

Tried to email you directly but haven’t heard back yet. I am getting the following error in my log file (however, the extension is still appears to be working fine):

2013-06-06T05:11:18+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: Undefined index: recaptcha_challenge_field in /home/??/public_html/app/code/local/MageWorkshop/DetailedReview/controllers/ProductController.php on line 194
2013-06-06T05:11:18+00:00 ERR (3): Notice: Undefined index: recaptcha_response_field in /home/??/public_html/app/code/local/MageWorkshop/DetailedReview/controllers/ProductController.php on line 195

Any ideas on what this may be?

Also, are you going to continue to develop this extension? It is a FANTASTIC extension, but if you are not going to to continue to develop it, I may need to look at an alternative that will be continually worked on as Magento is upgraded/

Magento Community
Magento Community

gishimushi

Total Posts:  2

Hello,
Is it possible to define some specific review criteria, depending on product categories ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Apptha_Team

Total Posts:  11

Also I would like to share this magento product reviews extension too. It has numerous features like rich snippet option to showcase all the product reviews ratings, product price, stock availability and many more. Find the live demo here http://www.apptha-demo.com/magento/amazereview/index.php/home-appliances/eyelet-with-lining-choco-curtain.html
URL : http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/amaze-reviews-and-ratings-8285.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage_Workshop

gishimushi - 06 September 2013 01:40 AM

Hello,
Is it possible to define some specific review criteria, depending on product categories ?

You can config review fileds per category by these steps:
1. goto Catalog > Manage Categories;
2. choose category which you want to change;
3. select Display Settings tab;
4. select fields in Available Review Fields multiselect;
5. click Save Category.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gishimushi

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
Thanks for you answer. I see that you are describing the slide 29 of your documentation
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gOZjKweHTOkIFqxWnut_wNcLWWE4KiDwiBV6gWV9Djg/edit#slide=id.gb79235d0_050

But I’m talking about the rating section.
I want to enable it for all products, but with different criteria depending on the category.

Example :
products from category A will be rated on “Price” and “Quality”
products from category B will be rated on “Price” and “Weight”

Does your module allow this ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2