Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

503 Unavailable Service Unavailable Guru ! help !….. 

dong113vn

Total Posts:  16

hi all,
sometime , my site is error :

error 503 Service
Unavailable Service
Unavailable Guru
Meditation: XID: xxxxx
Varnish cache server

i want know reason and can you help me resolve this problem

thank all,
Dong

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

artmechanix

Total Posts:  39

Hello!

This happened to me after uninstalling a problematic extension.  I received the error upon exiting Magento Connect.  I found the solution.

PROBLEM: This sometimes occurs when there’s an error during installation or uninstalling an extension.  Since Magento Connect usually puts the store into Maintenance Mode during the install or uninstall process...when there’s an error, the store gets stuck in maintenance mode, causing the “service temporarily unavailable” error.

SOLUTION: You must access your Magento installation via FTP and delete the file which Magento Connect generated during the install/uninstall process, called “maintenance.flag” It will be on the root level of your Magento folder.  Don’t worry about this being deleted.  Another will be generated (and appropriately removed) by the system, when you activate maintenance mode in the future.

If you have trouble accessing with your normal FTP, you can try something like FireFTP, which is a free plug-in for Firefox.  It does a good job of processing files that my regular FTP client corrupts or doesn’t list.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dong113vn

Total Posts:  16

hi artmechanix,
I don\\\’t see file maintenance.flag.

I found all folder.

I don\\\’t installation or uninstalling an extension.

Now, this problem is frequently

please help me!

thanks all

Magento Community
Magento Community

adyballa

Total Posts:  5

thanks artmechanix

Magento Community
Magento Community