Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

database connection error

nnix

Total Posts:  2

I’m trying to set up magento, but it gives me an error over and over.
I’m sure username and password are right, but it can’t connect.
Any idea’s how to solve this?

Do I need to put something else in for locolhost and/or database name?
thanks

Image Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2012-11-29 om 16.24.58.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Anshu Mishra

Total Posts:  101
India

if your server is not using the default port number (like for apache is 80) then you need to mention the port number also with localhost (like [localhost]:[port number])
and you need to create the database with same name(as you have given magento in the db name field) before this step
and you need to give your database username (example : default for phpmyadmin is root) and password (example : default for phpmyadmin is null, means you need not write anything)

Magento Community
Magento Community

matty9899

Hi

Im a complete newbie to this, but Im having the exact same problem as nnix. I have uploaded everything to my FTP, I have done everything in the installation guides (permission checks, innoDB checks etc, etc) and I have written in the correct Hostname, Database Name, Username and Password as sent to me by my hosting provider, and its still not working. I am really confused now as to what is causing this problem.

Any new ideas how to fix this, or a nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anshu Mishra

Total Posts:  101
India

Can you just post the error you are getting?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

matty9899

Im getting exactly the same error message as the screenshot nnix has posted. I’ve entered all of the correct database connection details, but still receiving the “Database Connection Error”. I’m out of ideas.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff081

Total Posts:  11

Me also facing the same error. downer

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community