Magento Forum

Can Magento support “Group Buy” promotion where discount varies based on total number of buyer? 

wizxpand

Total Posts:  1

Dear all,

HI! I am a newbie and so far is impressed by the capability of Magento. (I am sure that I am not the first one to say it).

Currently, I would like to know if I am able to configure or customize for the requirement of “group buy discount” concept. If yes, would anyone kindly provide me some direction or previous posted thread for next step.

Here is what I would like to achieve:
(1) The “group buy discount” promotion allows customer to enjoy a greater discount when more people buy the same item before a promotion end date.
(2) The promotion mechanism would be:

Step #1: set a different level of discount prior the promotion.
* 10 USD as regular price
* 9.50 USD if more than 3 people buy
* 8:50 USD if more than 5 people buy
* 7:00 USD if more than 10 people buy

Step #2:  charge/bill the customer based on the price where they are qualified for.

Additional Note/Clarification
(1) Based on the current documentation and message post, it seems that the group tier price function would not fulfill the requirement because the “discount price” is unknown until the end of the promotion due date. Moreover, it is hard to assign group tier code as the customer may be first time buyer.

(2) Group Buy concept is very popular here in Taiwan, especially now with the economy situation.

Once again, thank you for those people who are taking the time to read this post! If you have any thoughts or comment or solution, please don’t hesitate to reply to this post! Thank you

Sincerely,

David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanh@jsapromos.com

Total Posts:  1

I am really curious about the same thing.

RYAN

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevin Von

Total Posts:  31

This discount solution in magento is useful for everyone promoting there products. And I will follow this post for more information about this.
Thanks~~

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

we use http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/ for this but a mod built just for magento would be amazing and amazing feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XinSynergy

Total Posts:  19
Singapore

Hi we have developed a group buy extension for Magento 1.4x, check it out at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/porschegtr/extension/5497/great_deals_group_buying_extension

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

do customers have to pay to sign up ?

Does it allow them to check out with other items as well ?

what happens to the payment if not enough buyers sign up ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

XinSynergy

Total Posts:  19
Singapore

Hi Snarkys,
Our extension fully utilized on Magento original payment method without modifying any core module, hence amount is payable upon checkout and requires to refund to the customer if the deal is off. However you may use PayPal authorization payment action and collect the fund when the deal is on.

Yes, multiple item checkout is available as per Megento feature.

snarkys - 12 January 2011 12:13 PM

do customers have to pay to sign up ?

Does it allow them to check out with other items as well ?

what happens to the payment if not enough buyers sign up ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community