Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing csv Products

Scott_Starker

Total Posts:  3

I am new to Magento. I have successfully imported the first 150 of my products. However, the imports were from my computer instead of the old website. I deleted all of the products from Catalog, Manage Products and I re-ran import. But, the message came back is “Column names have duplicates” but there is no records in the database. There are no duplicate name in the csv file, either. Could somebody to me in the right direction t figure out my problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

Can you please post a sample of the CSV or if you prefer PM it to me and I will look it over for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott_Starker

TRMMarketing,

Thanks for your reply. PM was full. Attached is my csv in zip. And here are the field names in txt.

File Attachments
test.zip  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 24)
fieldNames.txt  (File Size: 2KB - Downloads: 26)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott_Starker

VanquishSBS,

> Try clearing the and re-running the indexer for all indexes to reset everything on an empty product database.

Already done.

> In your load file you also hard hard returns in some of the data fields which could be throwing the system out, compare it with you test file.

I was going to do this but read on…

> You also have all columns, reduce it to the ones you actually need, it will make the process easier to work out errors.

Thanks.

I went all of the sku names and I found out that there were 4 that had duplicates. They were quit a ways from each other. I took the 4 out and redid the import and it worked! I had thought I found a bug in Magento but I was wrong! I had my supervisor look at it and I am waiting to hear back from him.

Thank you,

Scott

Magento Community
Magento Community

Collin_Mitchell

Total Posts:  6

You have to be careful with field mapping. It is a common problem. I have been in the same situationand tried a few times to fix these errors by myself. But i failed. I\’m just not very skilled in all these things. But i have found this service.  If you want to be sure that your data will not be duplicated I suggest you to try it. It is paid. But I have tried it a few times and im satisfied. Data haven\’t been duplicated and fields were mapped automatically without errors.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community