Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import Multi Select attribute values

Anshu Mishra

Total Posts:  101
India

Hi
I am using magento ce 1.6, i have a color attribute which is multi select, while importing the products from csv file it is showing error on those
products lines where there are more than one colors.
I have tried using delimiters [space][comma][space], [comma], [space][comma].
Please tell me some solution for this.
Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

eAppWareSaaS

Total Posts:  19

There are many limitations with this, if you are proficient with code there are various technical solutions in the forums to update the import system, you can also code import scripts via PHP or there are a few extensions available although you would need to test them for your situation.

Otherwise we can offer you SaaS MDM which manages products externally and automatically updates Magento with changes, including multi-select, multi-language, multi-currency, simple, configurable, bundle, grouped.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Anshu_Mishra,

As for showing error, actually it shouldn\’t be there. Try to create product manually or import only a couple of products with multiple select input type in order to check if it generally works and there are no issues with your template.

Attributes of type Multi-Select can be imported together with products using the application called Store Manager for Magento. The only thing that is required is that the values for Multi-Select field should be separated by pipe (|) symbol.

In any case, you can try it out, as there is fully functional 2-week free version of the Store Manager application. You can download it here -
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-manager-for-magento.html

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anshu Mishra

India

hi
i am able to solve my above mentioned problem, but now i am facing a new issue, i am getting the error mentioned below : 
Product Type is invalid or not supported in rows: 2

here is the csv file content which i am using and i am also attaching the file
\\\"image\\\”,\\\"manufacturer\\\”,\\\"brand\\\”,\\\"model\\\”,\\\"sku\\\”,\\\"lens_width\\\”,\\\"lens_height\\\”,\\\"ed\\\”,\\\"bridge\\\”,\\\"temple_length\\\”,\\\"color\\\”,\\\"material\\\”,\\\"_category\\\”,\\\"shape\\\”,\\\"sp_attribute\\\”,\\\"frame_type\\\”,\\\"cost\\\”,\\\"retail_price\\\”,\\\"prescription_types\\\”,\\\"single_vision_default_oc_height\\\”,\\\"bifocal_default_oc_height\\\”,\\\"progressive_default_oc_height\\\”,\\\"pd_range_from\\\”,\\\"pd_range_to\\\”,\\\"_store\\\”,\\\"price\\\”,\\\"description\\\”,\\\"short_description\\\”,\\\"weight\\\”,\\\"status\\\”,\\\"visibility\\\”,\\\"tax_class_id\\\”,\\\"_attribute_set\\\”,\\\"_type\\\”,\\\"root_category\\\”,\\\"_product_websites\\\”,\\\"in_depth\\\”,\\\"name\\\”,\\\"qty\\\”,\\\"min_qty\\\”,\\\"use_config_min_qty\\\”,\\\"is_qty_decimal\\\”,\\\"backorders\\\”,\\\"use_config_backorders\\\”,\\\"min_sale_qty\\\”,\\\"use_config_min_sale_qty\\\”,\\\"max_sale_qty\\\”,\\\"use_config_max_sale_qty\\\”,\\\"is_in_stock\\\”,\\\"notify_stock_qty\\\”,\\\"use_config_notify_stock_qty\\\”,\\\"manage_stock\\\”,\\\"use_config_manage_stock\\\”,\\\"stock_status_changed_auto\\\”,\\\"use_config_qty_increments\\\”,\\\"qty_increments\\\”,\\\"use_config_enable_qty_inc\\\”,\\\"enable_qty_increments\\\”,\\\"is_decimal_divided\\\”,\\\"_links_related_sku\\\”,\\\"_links_related_position\\\”,\\\"_links_crosssell_sku\\\”,\\\"_links_crosssell_position\\\”,\\\"_links_upsell_sku\\\”,\\\"_links_upsell_position\\\”,\\\"_associated_sku\\\”,\\\"_associated_default_qty\\\”,\\\"_associated_position\\\”,\\\"_tier_price_website\\\”,\\\"_tier_price_customer_group\\\”,\\\"_tier_price_qty\\\”,\\\"_tier_price_price\\\”,\\\"_media_attribute_id\\\”,\\\"_media_image\\\”,\\\"_media_lable\\\”,\\\"_media_position\\\”,\\\"_media_is_disabled\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_store\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_type\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_title\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_is_required\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_price\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_sku\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_max_characters\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_sort_order\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_row_title\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_row_price\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_row_sku\\\”,\\\"_custom_option_row_sort\\\”,\\\"_super_products_sku\\\”,\\\"_super_attribute_code\\\”,\\\"_super_attribute_option\\\”,\\\"_super_attribute_price_corr\\\"
,\\\"Avalon Eyewear\\\”,\\\"Parade\\\”,1568,\\\"100000015032\\\”,51,26,51,17,135,,\\\"Plastic\\\”,\\\"W\\\”,\\\"Oval\\\”,,\\\"Full-Rim\\\”,\\\"2\\\",6.90,\\\"Single Vision and Progressive\\\”,13,10,18.17,58,68,,6.90,\\\"100000015032\\\”,\\\"100000015032\\\”,1,1,4,0,\\\"Default\\\”,\\\"Simple\\\",\\\"Root Catalog\\\”,,,\\\"100000015032\\\",1,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,\\\"Avalon Eyewear\\\”,\\\"Parade\\\”,1516,\\\"100000014949\\\”,47,29,47,18,135,\\\"Wine\\\”,\\\"Metal\\\”,\\\"K\\\”,\\\"Oval\\\”,,\\\"Full-Rim\\\”,\\\"2\\\",6.90,\\\"Single Vision and Progressive\\\”,14.5,9,18.20,55,65,,6.90,\\\"100000014949\\\”,\\\"100000014949\\\”,1,1,4,0,\\\"Default\\\”,\\\"Simple\\\",\\\"Root Catalog\\\”,,,\\\"100000014949\\\",1,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,\\\"Avalon Eyewear\\\”,\\\"Parade\\\”,1707,\\\"100000015110\\\”,56,27,56,11,140,\\\"Black\\\”,\\\"Plastic\\\”,\\\"M\\\”,\\\"Rectangle\\\”,,\\\"Full-Rim\\\”,\\\"2\\\”,6.90,\\\"ALL\\\”,13.5,0,18.00,57,67,,6.90,\\\"100000015110\\\”,\\\"100000015110\\\”,1,1,4,0,\\\"Default\\\”,\\\"Simple\\\",\\\"Root Catalog\\\”,,,\\\"100000015110\\\",1,0,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,\\\"Brown\\\",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please give me some suggestion
thanks in advance

File Attachments
cat_pro.txt  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 66)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again,

Can you please specify if you did any modifications to your database? Since as I see from your file, you have there correct product type indicated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anshu Mishra

India

Hi

First of all thanks for the reply.
I have added few custom attributes, other than this i didn’t made any change
But what type of errors or change in db, i should look?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anshu Mishra

India

Hi
I have fixed the issue “Product Type is invalid or not supported” for myself.
I have changed product type from “Simple” to “simple” in the lines where it is showing the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community