Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento and Google checkout

Boatmagic

Total Posts:  91

In case some of you don’t know, Google checkout requires certain information when items are sold over $200 to help you as a merchant win a chargeback.

Google states that any item over $200 should be shipped with Signature Required Shipping, and also it should only be shipped to the billing address of the credit cart.

Now this leads me to the point of this thread. Magento does not seem to care about giving us some shopping cart price rules that are effective. I’ve been using Magento for 3 years now, and the price rules are the same ole nothing. Not every store needs to issue discounts, yet there are many ways the shopping cart price rules can be used.

For this topic, I need to force a product being sold that costs over $200.00 to force my signature required shipping to be included with that checkout.
Magento has no function to allow this to happen. The only thing we can do at this point is have the signature required shipping a cross sell item, but there is nothing to force the customer to choose that option.

So come on Magento, people have been asking for some USEFUL shopping cart rules since I’ve been using the program and you have yet to deliver that function.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community