Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error in backend - Manage Products when trying to edit or add

PennyM

Total Posts:  30

I recently upgraded from 1.6 to 1.7.0.2 and get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getInputType() on a non-object in /home/pennysbo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product.php on line 995

I don’t know if it’s related or not, but on the frontend, I can see the home page and catalog pages, but links to product pages give me a 404 error.

I don’t have any extensions installed yet. I do have a theme installed, but I don’t believe it’s the source of my problem.

Thank you for any help you might be able to offer.

Cheers!
Penny

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hello Penny!

I don’t know if it’s related or not, but on the frontend, I can see the home page and catalog pages, but links to product pages give me a 404 error.

For that try to re-index and clear cache.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getInputType() on a non-object in /home/pennysbo/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product.php on line 995

Concerning that error, I offer you to check the same file in default Magento and see what differs from the current file you have. Also check the line 995, maybe you will find there what exactly is not executed and it might give direction to the solution.

While you are looking for the solution, I offer alternative means to manage you catalog, add and edit your products - the application called Store Manager for Magento. There is 2-week free version of the application (link and details is in my signature), so you will be able to manage your store and in meanwhile I hope that you will be able to fix the issue.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community